Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blackberry Sour Cream Pie

Yes, I know Harry doesn't include blackberries, but this recipe is in the spirit of this blog, and right now, delicious blackberries are free for the picking along just about every greenway in Wake County! Don't forget to bring your gardening gloves - those thorns can be vicious.

I found this recipe on Cooks.com. It is so easy! I was a little short on blackberries, so I mixed in some sliced, peeled peaches as well. I might try peaches and blueberries next time.


1 unbaked 9" pie crust
4 c. fresh blackberries
1 1/4 c. sugar, + 2 tbsp.
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream

Place blackberries in crust. In separate bowl, stir sugar, flour and salt into sour cream. Mix well - it will be the consistency of thick frosting. Spread over top of blackberries, to edges of crust. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. sugar over top.

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes more. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.


Tips:
Be sure to place a baking try underneath the pie pan in the oven, to catch drips.
The fruit filling was a tad runny - I might try adding a little cornstarch next time.

No comments: